ENERGY EFFICIENT SMART HOME
Smarthome products not only make your life safer, more convenient and more fun, they can also help you to save energy and money. We can show you how to be a friend to the environment and your wallet through automated energy conservation. Control-It Home Automation helps you conserve energy and save money. With plenty of options to manage all of the power-consuming products in your home, you’ll have lots of choices that allow you to reduce your impact.
- Set your house to “Away” when you leave—even if you’re just out for the day. If your automation system knows there’s nobody home, it can take steps to conserve energy for you.
- Adjust the default setting for your lights from 100 to 90 percent. You probably won’t even notice the difference, but you’ll save enough energy to reduce up to 850 pounds of carbon dioxide each year—the equivalent of not driving a car for an entire month.
- Use a “Green” setting to reduce HVAC usage instantly, turn off unnecessary lights and reduce appliance and standby power usage.
- There are some rooms where lights just always seem to get left on—sometimes for hours or even days. Use motion sensors or programmable timers so those lights aren’t a drain on your wallet. Motion sensors can also turn exterior lights on and off, increasing efficiency even more.
- What if, in your hurry to get to the airport, you forget to tell your house that you’re leaving? No worries—you can change modes from just about anywhere using your phone, tablet or laptop.
HEATING AND COOLING
Nearly half of a typical utility bill goes towards heating and cooling in a typical house. A programmable thermostat offers the flexibility and power to control the climate in your home efficiently to save energy and lower energy bills.
With a programmable thermostat, you can set the temperature to different levels during set times throughout the week. For example, during the winter, you can set the inside temperature to a lower level when you are at work and the house is unoccupied.
AUTOMATIC LIGHT PROGRAMMING
Our smart lighting allows for “scenes” to be customized to your liking. Scenes integrate lighting with other systems in your home to respond with a predetermined series of events that happen simultaneously. Perhaps you want a “Goodbye” scene that will turn off all the lights in your home when you are away.
Never forget to turn lights off by using motion sensors that automatically turn off lights when a room is left unoccupied for a long period of time – perfect for garages, hallways and bathrooms. Occupancy sensors can cut lighting costs by as much as 50%.
You often do not need the full brightness of lights in a room, especially in the den while watching TV or having a romantic meal in the dining room. Use INSTEON technology to preset brightness levels to match the occasion.
ENERGY EFFICIENT LIGHT BULBS
It only takes 18 seconds to change a light bulb. Save money and energy by swapping your existing incandescent bulbs for energy-efficient compact fluorescent lights (CFLs). For the same amount of light, the CFLs use up to 75% less energy and also last 10 times longer, according to Home Energy Saver.
MOTORIZED BLINDS & SHADES
Utilize your shading system to save additional energy beyond routine use of shades. “Winter Warm” opens the shades, taking advantage of sunlight warming a southern façade. “Summer cool” does the opposite by lowering shades and blocking solar heat gain, thereby reducing your cooling costs.
Your pool pump uses more energy than most of your home appliances. So why pay to run it more than you need to? No need to run the pump for 6 to 8 hours a day: Install a timer to control the pump’s cycling and only run the pump for 3 hours per day for short cycles during the day to prevent debris from collecting and keep the pool clean all day. This will garner up to 60% savings on your energy bill.
ENERGY EFFICIENT SMART HOME KATY
Katy, Houston, Fulshear, Cypress, Sealy & Sugarland